Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer and the Mall

Well, I’m still alive. I just haven’t had much to write about… or at least felt like writing it.
Its been pretty boring around here lately. Now that my family is out of school and since mom’s a teacher she’s home too things have picked up a bit.

I went to Cedar Point with some friends on May 28th. Jessica, Sarah, and Sarah’s friend Dan from out-of-state. I’d never met him but he was cool and we all had . a blast. smile
We rode most of the coasters I think… O we didn’t get a chance to ride the Mavric unfortunately since I love that ride, and I refuse to ride the Dragster (to many breakdowns for me), the melenium is also daunting so I didn’t ride that either. I looove rollercoasters, but not those! Lol We got Jessica to ride the Magnum, (she hated us for it) and the Rapter (another “I’m gonna kill you!” ride), it was fun. We stayed all day and rode water rides to boot. I forgot extra clothes so I walked around wet the rest of the day for about 5 hours. Hmmm… maybe that’s why I have a cold now?...

Momorial day weekend we spent at my grandma’s cottage in Michigan. Nick came too and we had a lot of fun swimming and with the little kids (my cousins kids Abi and Owen.) I neglected to tell Nick that we were going home Sunday and since he would have stayed till Monday and drove back to Indiana we decided to go to his parents cottage and visit them. His uncle was there from Mississippi with his girlfriend and they brought fresh shrimp.
Mmm that was sooooo good! Smile.
I was really nervous about meeting his uncle and his girlfriend, but they turned out cool. I like his dad, we get along, but I still don’t know what to make of his mom. She seems to like me, but every time I’m there she gets mad about something really ridiculously stupid.
Like this last time Nick and I went over to the neighbors cause they wanted to say hi, and his dad said he’d call us when breakfast was ready. That generally means “hey guys! Breakfast is ready come on and get it!” right? Aparently not. They told us when it would be a couple minutes, so we figured they’d tell us when it was actually ready. W Well 15 minut4es or so pasted and we finally got the neighbors to stop talking long enough to say we had to go for breakfast. We got there and his mom was cleaning up and she was all mad that we’d missed breakfast and crap. At first I didn’t think they saved us anything which would’ve made me absolutely furious, but they did. She threw out the egs saying they were “ruined” when really I bet they’d have been fine, not warm and delicious, but ok. Nick says she freaks out about stupid things a lot even when I’m not there, so she’s just kinda weird like that.

I went to the mall with my mom and aunt and a neighbor who is really good friends with my mom yesterday. I usually don’t really like shopping, but it was fun. I really wanted out of the house, so I agreed to go. I got a new pair of flip flops (brown with purple sections), they’re really squishy and comfortable, as well as 2 pairs of cut-off shorts, 2 tanktops, and a blouse that’s all really bright colors like pink, green and blue.
We ate lunch at Chipoltle and then after shopping at the mall got Cold Stone Creamery. It was good, but what ever I got was extremely rich at cold stone.

Bilko did amazing guiding me through the crouds and stores. It was funny to hear little kids reading his sign and telling parents. “The dog has a sign that says do not pet me I am working.” Smile
Well I’ve rambled enough. Thanks for reading this if you made it this far! lol
Jenn

No comments: