Sunday, May 16, 2010

Confirming Family

Ok, really corny title, I know, I c9ouldn't think of anything better! lol
My brother got confirmed today. O and for some reason whenever I say that people ask if we're catholic. Nope, Lutheran, not that it matters really. Anyway... He ended up chosing to memorize Mark 12 30: Love the Lord with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. (that's actually a song. Maybe I'll link to it later...) I liked how my brother summarized it. He said something about how God should be first in our lives and he shouldn't take a back seat to anything. The service was good, but I'll save you all from bordum by not going in to detail. hehe. O and my brother was one of person that had his verse memorized, I don't know if the other 3 did, but they were aloud to use the bulletin, so what was the point? O well I guess they still had to look up the verse that was meaningful to them.

After church mostly all of our family came to our house and we had a party down by "the cabbin" which is basically a little cabbin in the woods that my dad built with help from family and friends. Its really fun to just go down there and its like your away from civilization for awhile even though you can hear cars and stuff. It was fun. We had a camp fire and roasted marshmallows for smores. Anybody ever had coconut marshmallows? I hadn't until my mom baught them for the party. They're good, but I'd rather have regular. They toast better. My aunt made hobo baked beans, grandma made potato salad, and mom made shredded chicken, and what she calls "peach dump cake." Its really really good! I may post the recipe later if anybody wants it.

Bilko was out of harness for awhile during the party, but I couldn't let him off leash to run with the 3 other labs and our poodle because there was a river near by and every dog was getting reeaally dirty and wet haha! Plus there's no fence and sometimes the dogs can be rough. He did get to say hi to them when they came by though, and to my family members. I harnessed him when we were eating, just because it was easier than having to deal with him spinning around to say hi to the other dogs and eat too! lol
I got a couple book recomendations from my cousin too so I'll be checking those out.
hmmm...
Outa things to say...
TTYL

No comments: