Sunday, October 17, 2010

H2O Fall Getaway

Friday night, we got to the campground around 8, and the first session was supposed to start at 8, but as usually it seems with H2O events like this, it started 10 or 15 minutes late. The speaker was Steve Haze from University of Mi... Mi... Michigan! There I said it! That state up north that I dislike because I'm from Ohio and we're rivals. LOL. Despite being from that state, he's a really good speaker. The first session was about our relationship with God. It was really comforting to me because he talked about how we tend to think that God is disappointed or angry with us when we sin, but he isn't. He knows that we are human and therefore tempted by sin and he loves us even when we sin. I needed that message.
We then went to our cabins and everything just to get our beds set up, and went to the camp fire for awhile, but soon realized there was nothing to drink so we headed to the dining hall to get drinks and snacks. We sat down to eat near a table of people playing some game where they had to pretend to kill people and it involved yelling. I think it was ninja.... Stupidest most pointless game ever! It was really annoying, and then we went to our cabin (Sara and I did at least), and got ready for bed. I couldn't get to sleep for a long time though, because people were really loud in our cabin. Sara fell asleep right away, but I couldn't. This morning the lesson was about relationship with friends. We talked about this guy named Abishai (Ab-ih-shy), that was a cousin of David's, and every time someone went against david he offered to kill them because he was so loyal to David. The lesson was basically that we should be loyal like Abishai, not that we should kill people for our friends! Abishai never did kill the people, because David always stopped him. Check out "First Samuel 26" to read about it. That's where part of it is at least. The last session was Saturday night, and about relationships with significant others. Did you know there is absolutely no verses on dating in the Bible? I did, but it just registered last night. All of them are about friendships, but not specifically dating, because dating is something our culture has created. They talked about how to tread people in dating relationships and any relationship. It was a very very very good sermon that made an impact. We had a Q and A session and I was going to ask "what would you say is the best way to bring your significant other closer to God?" Another girl asked basically the same question, but it was about how to bring your boyfriend or someone you want to date to Christ and invite them to church. I used my Braillenote to record the response, but I won't put it up here, because I don't know if that's even legal hahaha! After the service we had a small group fusion time. The guys and girls split up, and we had questions to answer about how we liked the getaway. It was awesome! My group ended up talking for two hours about anything and everything! We answered the questions, then had a big Q and A session about dating and relationships for our pastor's wife leading our group, then a bunch of questions about our own lives and everyone gave opinions and it was amazing! I loved it! :D

Right now my neck is absolutely killing me! I have no idea how I did it but somehow yesterday I did something and it started hurting, and then sleeping on that horrible camp bunk bed hurt like crazy this morning! I can hardly move it without it killing me. Sara and Mike have both tried giving me backrubs, and they helped for a little bit, but then it started hurting again. I'm sooo excited about the final session, which is in BG for us Falcons, UC has it with there church. Its about marriage.

The sermon was really good. I would tell about it, but I don't have time right now. If anybody wants to know about it leave a comment and I'll post about it later. TTYL

No comments: