Thursday, March 3, 2011

Women's Weekend 2011

So this was from... like two weeks ago? It seems a lot longer hahaha! I'm posting my direct notes. I talked to the speaker afterword since friday nights talk totally applied to me, and she gave me some really good advice since I'd been thinking that I was pushing Nick away from God by breaking up with him... "You can't be God for him," she said. I know and I know all I can do now is pray for him, but it's sooo hard! We prayed together and she said she will continue praying for him.
Anyway... here are the notes. The parenthesis are just my thoughts, and most of the quotes are songs. Please let me know if this makes sence to anybody else. haha!

February 19, 2011
Expect more from God, guys, and life.
John 10 10.
You can have all God has for you, joy etc. John 4 4:14. Jesus wants to be the living water in your life. Living water satisfies like nothing can. You have had moments where you feel the living water, but then as life goes on your "cup" empties. We don't always go to God but to other things, "broken systerns. Jeremia 2 13 My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.
Instead of us (young women) go to living water, we build our own broken sisterns to try to fill up our own life. Guys, friends, shopping etc. We all desire marriage, so we settle for less than God's best. We don't feel fully satisfied in God so we settle for a guy who isn't quite right for you. You attract the guys, but if you dress to show...
Careers: Some people buy to what others want for life and not what God wants. what society says is popular, cool, etc and we buy into it. This leaves us empty. We settle. what have you been settling for? Settling in your relationship with God? Have you settled for a mediochar relationship with God? Settling with guys? Life?
(I have been settling with God lately. Thankyou God for getting me out of the relationship with Nick, because I know I was settling for him. He was not what you want for me, but God please help me to grow closer to you and not settle for how my relationship with you is now.) Paula settled for a guy for 4 years, he was a semi-Christian. She settled again for a Christian guy, but it ended up not being the right guy. If you surrender the ways you have settled, God is the living water. God comes first. Its about God. Philipians 3 13:14.
"You are more" Tenth Ave North. (I did the right thing! God have so much more in store for me!) "Here in my life," "One Pure and Holy Passion,"

February 19, 2011
("if I could not say a word... grace means your holding me to you.")
MORE:
M: making him number one.
Whats the first thing you think about in the morning? Commit to spending time with God. We set time aside for facebook, but not God.
Mark 1 35. Jesus got alone to spend time with the Lord. Mathew 6 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
acts prayer: adoration, confession, thanksgiving, suplication ofaka prayer.) don't actually request anything from God unill S.
O: Offer up your plans. Paula went into college freshman year with no idea what she wanted and no guy. Got a guy but didn't work out. Proverbs 16 9, proverbs 19 21, 20 24, Jeremia 29 11.
R: Release what you are clinging to. Release the desire to be married. If you think your not beautiful this is something your clinging to. God knows who your husband is, and he will be attracted to you for the right reasons. Think of tray of cookies, you chose a little one, but don't realize a they're holding a big cookie for you, but you don't get it because you settled. Men are like cookies. Don't settle for the little cookie. Matthew 10 39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. E: expect God's best. Ephesians 3 20. 1 Corinthians 2 9 However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"

We have to wait for God's best. "Marriage is good but its not God, guys are good but they are not God." (Quote from Paula.) God says that he is more than enough for me. "Wait For Me," by Rebecca St James. Jesus' love letter to us. (in packet) Psalms 27 14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

(Last Session)
God is pationatly in love with you. What to look for to NOT settle:
1. Does he *LOVE Jesus? A guy whose pation persute and lifestyle reflects his walk with Jesus. Is his life marked by servanthood and daily looking at God's word. Why settle for someone less than Christ-follower husband? 2 Corinthians 6 14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
1 corinthians 15 33 Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."
I am worth it.
2. Is he pursuing me? Is he pursuing my heart or pursuing my body? If he has a radar screen of other girls, don't settle for a guy that has you on the radar screen!
3. What is God saying to you about this specific guy? Go to God and find out what he says about this guy, pray about it and be open to his words. Iseah 30 21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, This is the way; walk in it.
Listen to God even if you don't like the answer.
Have a type of guy you want but focus on who God is making you to be. Stay focused on Jesus and put your worth in him and not guys or yourself. Triangle: you, him, top point, Jesus. Both of you go after same goal of running toward Christ. Always seek christ. revelation 2 4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love.
Stay focused on Jesus and do not forget him.
2. Dress modestly. Look at God more than the mirror. Work more on heart than appearance. Proverbs 11 22 Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.

"Beauty is abused by those who have not modisty with it."
3. Guard your heart. Proverbs 4 3. Whatever you have in your heart can control you.
"A woman's heart should be so hidden in christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her." (unknown)
4. Remember to have a realistic view of marriage. Marriage is not a fairy tail. The Reason For God by Timothy Keller. Plan for your marriage and not your wedding. Keep waiting and DO NOT settle for anything less than God's best.

No comments: