Monday, August 22, 2011

Let the Year Begin!!!

Today was the first day of my junior year. I love my schedule so far. I Have only one class on Mondays, (and we only meet 6 times a semester), 4 classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 to 3:45, nothing on Wednesdays and Fridays until field placements are set up. I'll have 75 hours of work in the schools this year, and (even without PCC), I'll be in the classroom teaching! Yes! I actually want to get in contact with this lady who's totally blind (I think) and has tought preschool for years. I really want to know how the heck she did it (she's now working at OSSB.)
Ok, back on topic. I only had one class today like I said, and it's at 3:30, so I pretty much messed around and got my sylobi (plural of sylobus, which niether of those I can spell. Ug! and apparently my grammar's gone to heck in a hand basket as well! lol), for the two classes that have it posted as of earlier. That's gonna suck tomorrow if I don't have the others because the course shells for the classes aren't open yet. I ended up heading to campus at 2:30 so I could stop by DSS and get my books on my flash drive. I can't figure out how to use MyFiles, which is what the university uses, but it's confusing with jaws.

My first class went well, except there is 2 other classes that they recommend you take along with this field experience class, because they both involve teaching lessons to students after preparing them, but I'm only taking one, and the only open classes are during my Education in Pluralistic Society class (sounds scary don't it?), and my Weather and Climate class. Pluralistics I need for my major, and Weather and Climate is one class without a lab I can use for a science requirement. I freaked out, and emailed my adviser with an urgent email explaining the situation, so I hope she gets back to me tomorrow!
I'm excited to start placement, but I'm worried about that other class right now, and I don't know which courses (before Methods and student teaching senior year), have field experience.
Anyway, enough with my rambling. I'll try to post more this year, for my own benefit at least.

No comments: