Thursday, November 3, 2011

Looong day!

Today I set my alarm for 5:30, because I wasn't retaining anything I was studying after about 9 last night, so wanted to sleep and go back at it. It worked out, and I think I did well on the exam, but don't really want to get my hopes up just in case. Mike Helped me study for about half an hour before I had to leave for class, and I think that helped out too. I went to my 9:30 class, (classroom management), and then hurried off to DSS (Disability Student Services), for my exam. I thought I needed to buy a scantron, (you know, those bubble sheets?), but apparently my professor said I could just circle the answers on the test. I was glad, because I think scantrons are dumb, but I can't use them so yeah...
After the exam, I went and got on the van to go home, and (of course), realized I had left my keys in DSS. I called to make sure, and then rode the van back to campus, went back to DSS for my keys, and then back to wait for the van again. That wasn't fun, but that's what I get for being forgetful!
I had pizza rolls for lunch, (yea practically no time and being lazy!) did my assignment for Content Literacy that I neglected to do before then in favor of studying, and was back to campus within half an hour for Phonics at 1, and then content.

The really neat thing that happened tonight was a documentary about this guy with no arms or legs that Wrestles, and does MMA (some marcial arts/wrestling thing I'd heard of, but didn't really know what it was.) His name is Kyle Maynard. Shelby and I went, and it was good, but not as influential as I'd hoped it would be, because it was mostly for ESPN, so focused more on the sports aspect than a ton of personal story. (yikes, run-on sentence! lol)
I think I'm going to look up the book he wrote though, and will post on here about it if I find it.

I was going to go to H2O's mass Operation Christmas Child thing tonight, but decided not to since I've been up since 5:30 and am tired, plus Sara, Mike, Shelby and I wanted to do boxes together, and they didn't want to/couldn't come tonight.

No comments: