Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I who am slow of speech and tongue...

So my friend posted a status about how she was being made fun of or told she couldn't do something because of her speech impediment. I thought this was a good reminder for her, and everybody with a disability, so I'm posting my comment to her status here to remind me, and anyone else who reads this:
So, I had to look this up, but it says in Exodus 4:10 When God is talking to Moses about leading the Israelites out of egypt: Moses said to the LORD, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech
and tongue." God says in verse 11: The Lord said to him, “Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the Lord?
My point? Moses had a speech impediment, and he lead the Israelites out of slavery! So people are dumb and need to stop judging others because of stupid things. Who cares what people say/think. God made all of us the way we are for a reason. :)

Hope this helps somebody through tough times.

No comments: