Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Random Ramblings

This is just random thoughts from the day. Interesting, but random.
Anarchy: no rules.
Wouldn't that suck? No rules? It'd be very scary to have a classroom without rules. Semalia, (I can't spell, I know), is the only country with Anarchy. Scary! That's why we need rules in classrooms. Although there is one guy, (Alphy Cone), who believes that there should not be rules, because it gives kids a reason to find loopholes. I think he's nuts. We learned about him in Classroom Management. Conformity is subjective to perspective. Seriously. Everyone who says, "I refuse to conform..." ends up conforming to the group of nonconformists. My teacher told us a story about going to Mt. Rushmore and seeing all these bikers around. It turned out there was a Harly Davidson festival. They were nonconformists because they were bikers, but at that point and time, they were conformists. Funny, right? Weather and climate is a horrible class. My teacher doesn't read the answers to the questions he shows out loud so I can follow along and understand what's going on. When I asked him to read them he walked up from the front of the room to the back (mind you this is a huuuge lecture hall), and told me he would tell me later when we meet. Why can't he just read the answers aloud? It isn't that hard! Science sucks when teachers can't teach. It would help if I actually wanted to know about how weather happends. I'm not really interested in the technical jargon, but I need to learn it for the class.
I had a phonics midterm today, and it wasn't that bad. I think I did well on it, but I don't want to get my hopes up just in case. My weather and climate professor wants me to meet with him tomorrow to go over materials. I don't really see how this is going to help, because I still can't read his lectures, but whatever. I'll go talk to him tomorrow. Maybe it'll do me some good. I need to catch up on the readings though. He doesn't have all of the lecture powerpoints up either. Ug. I'm just praying I get a B. Not very high aspirations for this class, I know, but with this guy teaching... He's a nice guy, but I don't learn well with his teaching style. I need discussion and interaction. Ok, that's enough rambling for now. More field placement later.

No comments: