Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bilko update

Ok, so I still have another week to post of placement at P-Burg, but I wanted to get this in first.
Bilko has been guiding well and having fun, but he's been having trouble with alergies. I really first noticed it freshman year of college, when he was scratching a lot, and my Aunt noticed he had bumps on his stomach and private area.
I took him to the vet, and the gave him meds, but I am not sure if they were steroids or not. He was on them for awhile (don't remember how long), and then it went away. I didn't have any trouble last summer, but this year he started scratching again. I took him to the vet in BG, and he gave me steroids to try and stop the itching. I put him on two pills a day for a week, then one a day, then one every other day, but (instead of putting him on half a pill every other day for a week like he suggested( I stopped giving them to him to see how he'd do. It was ok for awhile, but he's been scratching a lot again lately, and there's bumps on his legs and missing patches of fur. I didn't want to take him back to the vet, so I started him on half a pill again once a day. It's helped, but I hate the steroids, because he gets really lathargic and has to "do his business" a lot. I don't have time to take him out every twenty minutes, but the half pill has been doing pretty good, and he does have to Pea more, but that's not near as bad as it was over the summer. Today he's been extremely lazy--like not wanting to get up to go to church lazy-- but I can't decide if he's just really tired from yesterday working around the wedding shops for Sarah's wedding dress (more on that later I hope), or if something's really wrong. I'm calling the vet tomorrow to see what they can do about the scratching other than the steroids, and hopefully they can get me in. I'll be taking BG Transit, since all of my roommates that can drive are in classes all day tomorrow.
God, please let Bilko just be tired from the shopping and staying up while we played rock band until 1 in the morning and not him really sick.

Well, he hasn't thrown up (except for last week when he ate tampons) so I'm taking that as a good sign. I'm going to feed him now, so if he eats ok that's another good sign.
If anyone's actually reading this, please pray or send good thoughts/vibes or whatever that I'm just paranoid.
Thanks :)

No comments: